Tuns of Anarchy Annual Comp Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
The Tuns of Anarchy Annual Championship is BJCP sanctioned and open only to financial members of Tuns of Anarchy.
All entries must be received at the nominated drop-off locations in the window specified, or by arrangement with the committee.
Entries must be registered and paid for online before drop off. Printed labels from the registration site are mandatory for acceptance of entries and you must print these off yourself. The labels are to be attached to the bottles with rubber bands only. Do NOT use tape.
All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or Brew on Premises operations, supplies, etc.).
Entry fee is $3 per entry.
BJCP 2021 Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Select or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|1B American Lager||1A American Light Lager||1D American Wheat Beer|
|1C Cream Ale||2B International Amber Lager||2C International Dark Lager|
|2A International Pale Lager||3C Czech Amber Lager||3D Czech Dark Lager|
|3A Czech Pale Lager||3B Czech Premium Pale Lager||4B Festbier|
|4C Helles Bock||4A Munich Helles||5C German Helles Exportbier|
|5A German Leichtbier||5D German Pils||5B Kölsch|
|6C Dunkels Bock||6A Märzen||6B Rauchbier|
|7B Altbier||7A Vienna Lager||8A Munich Dunkel|
|8B Schwarzbier||9C Baltic Porter||9A Doppelbock|
|9B Eisbock||10B Dunkels Weissbier||10A Weissbier|
|10C Weizenbock||11B Best Bitter||11A Ordinary Bitter|
|11C Strong Bitter||12B Australian Sparkling Ale||12A British Golden Ale|
|12C English IPA||13B British Brown Ale||13A Dark Mild|
|13C English Porter||14C Scottish Export||14B Scottish Heavy|
|14A Scottish Light||15C Irish Extra Stout||15A Irish Red Ale|
|15B Irish Stout||16D Foreign Extra Stout||16B Oatmeal Stout|
|16A Sweet Stout||16C Tropical Stout||17A British Strong Ale|
|17A1 Burton Ale||17D English Barley Wine||17B Old Ale|
|17C Wee Heavy||18B American Pale Ale||18A Blonde Ale|
|19A American Amber Ale||19C American Brown Ale||19B California Common|
|20A American Porter||20B American Stout||20C Imperial Stout|
|21A American IPA||21B1 Belgian IPA||21B2 Black IPA|
|21B3 Brown IPA||21B7 Brut IPA||21C Hazy IPA|
|21B4 Red IPA||21B5 Rye IPA||21B Specialty IPA|
|21B6 White IPA||22C American Barleywine||22B American Strong Ale|
|22A Double IPA||22D Wheatwine||23A Berliner Weisse|
|23B Flanders Red Ale||23F Fruit Lambic||23G Gose|
|23E Gueuze||23D Lambic||23C Oud Bruin|
|24B Belgian Pale Ale||24C Bière de Garde||24A Witbier|
|25A Belgian Blond Ale||25C Belgian Golden Strong Ale||25B Saison|
|26D Belgian Dark Strong Ale||26B Belgian Dubbel||26A Belgian Single|
|26C Belgian Tripel||27A Historical Beer||27A1 Kellerbier|
|27A2 Kentucky Common||27A3 Lichtenhainer||27A4 London Brown Ale|
|27A5 Piwo Grodziskie||27A6 Pre-Prohibition Lager||27A7 Pre-Prohibition Porter|
|27A8 Roggenbier||27A9 Sahti||28A Brett Beer|
|28B Mixed Fermentation Sour Beer||28D Straight Sour Beer||28C Wild Specialty Beer|
|29B Fruit and Spice Beer||29A Fruit Beer||29D Grape Ale|
|29C Specialty Fruit Beer||30B Autumn Seasonal Beer||30D Specialty Spice Beer|
|30A Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer||30C Winter Seasonal Beer||31A Alternative Grain Beer|
|31B Alternative Sugar Beer||32A Classic Style Smoked Beer||32B Specialty Smoked Beer|
|33B Specialty Wood-Aged Beer||33A Wood-Aged Beer||34A Commercial Specialty Beer|
|34C Experimental Beer||34B Mixed-Style Beer||LSX4 Catharina Sour|
|LSX1 Dorada Pampeana||LSX2 IPA Argenta||LSX3 Italian Grape Ale|
|LSX5 New Zealand Pilsner||M4A Braggot|
Entry Acceptance Rules
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 1
1. The competition will be judged according to the following conditions and the fact of entry implies acceptance of these conditions.
2. Entries must be the product of the person(s) entering, each of which must be a current financial member of Tuns of Anarchy. Persons may enter jointly or individually.
3. A particular batch of beer may only be entered once in the entire competition.
Bottle Entry Requirements
4. 500ml or 750ml brown beer bottles (glass or PET plastic) or cans are to be used. The bottles must be clean and free from chips, scratches, and/or flaws. Clear plastic PET bottles are not acceptable.
5. Each bottle must be sealed with a new, clean, unbranded, crown seal of good quality (if a glass bottle) or with an unbranded clean white or black plastic cap of good quality (if a PET bottle).
6. There shall be no identifying marks on the bottle, the can, the crown seal or plastic cap, or the reverse side of the label.
7. Labels are to be printed from the ‘Entries’ section of your account on the registration site. Use the print logo under the ‘Actions’ column.
8. Printed labels from the registration site are mandatory for acceptance of entries. The labels are to be attached to the bottles with a rubber band/s. Do NOT use any tape.
9. Entries will be stored and judged chilled.
10. Beers obviously entered out of class will be disqualified.
11. Judges will award each entry a score out of 50 points, in accordance with BJCP judging guidelines.
12. All entries will be judged and comments either attached to or noted on entry forms, which will be returned to Entrants.
13. Officiating Judges, Stewards, Scorers and the Arbitrator (Chief Steward) shall be the only persons present during the judging.
14. No person shall judge any class wherein they, or a member of their household has entered a beer.
15. Every care will be taken of Entries, but no responsibility for loss or damage will be accepted.
16. Serious infringement of these Rules and Conditions may subject the Entrant for disqualification from the competition and suspension from future Tuns of Anarchy competitions.
17. The decision of the Judges and Arbitrator (Chief Steward) are final and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into.
Best of Show
The awards ceremony will take place once judging is completed.
Prizes will be awarded for the Champion Beer, Champion Brewer (Highest overall scores averaged over two or more entries), and Rookie of the Year (First time placing in a QABC or TUNS comp - 1st, 2nd or 3rd places)
CHAMPION BEER - The winner gets to brew their beer at FICK Brewing Company
CHAMPION BREWER - The winner receives a new Stainless Steel fermenter from Newera Brewing
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - The winner receives a Malt pack courtesy of CRYER Malt
Additional prizes may be awarded to those winners present at the awards ceremony at the discretion of the competition organizers. Results will be posted to the competition web site after the ceremony concludes. Scoresheets will be available online a few business days after.
Hoppy Days Brewing Supplies
Hoppy Days Brewing Supplies
Friday 28 July, 2023 2:00 PM, AEST